Personalize your outfits with the garments in your closet
Many women dream of having a huge closet that would allow them to wear different outfits every day, but when this is not possible, there are still other solutions, such as personalizing your outfits with the garments that you already have in your closet. Keep on reading this article as we will give you useful ideas to transform your old clothes into newer ones:
- Lace in your blouses – If you have some basic blouses that you would wish to make more sophisticated, buy lace and sew it to them, you will notice how much they change.
- Turn and old sweater into a new scarf – If you have a loose or tight sweater that you do not wear anymore, cut it by the neck and use it as a stylish and personalized scarf.
- Renovate your blouses – Cut them by the sleeves and sew some embellishment to them around the edges of the pockets or at the neck or change the buttons for some bright ones.
- Place patches on your jeans – This is an excellent technique that will turn your jeans into something special, you can also add laces to look extra sexy. Another good option is to make other finishes to your jeans, such as destruction or bleaching them out.
- Sew other fabrics to your shorts – An old pair of jeans can be turned into a pair of shorts and you can make an additional change if you add some colorful fabrics at the sides or back pockets, you can glue them or sew them in your new shorts.
“There are many things that can be done with an old garment, especially with those manufactured with denim as they are easier to handle and can be turned into different clothes or items”, advised Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim, about this topic.