Turning your old pants into new staple shorts
If you love following the fashion rules, you might have already noticed that in Summer, girls go to the streets showing off their cutest denim shorts with their favorite tops and sandals, but if you do not have shorts in your closet, do not worry, as we will show you how to turn an old pair of jeans into some wonderful staple shorts.
“Denim shorts are very popular on Summer for being a fresh garment and a very versatile one, it is not only easy to combine but very comfortable to wear”, said Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim, about this topic.
If you want to have your own shorts, but do not want to spend extra money, why not trying to make your own staple shorts at home?
Here it’s what you will need:
- Jeans – Choose an old pair that you are not wearing anymore
- Shorts – You will need a template for your new shorts, so the best guide is a pair of shorts that fit you too well in order to make the new ones basing on them
- Pencil or chalk
Then follow the next steps:
- Align the crotches of your jeans and the shorts you will use as templates.
- Pin the inseams, but be very careful so you do not damage the fabric.
- Once you have secured the pins on both, jeans and shorts, align the ruler with the hems from your old shorts. Make a dotted line with the pencil or chalk.
- After that, cut below the line you have previously done, the length must be at least half-inch longer, as the short will shrink with the fraying, getting the final length that you wish.
- Once your shorts area ready, but them in the washer and drier.
Staple shorts are the equivalent to little black dresses on the fashion world, perfect for a casual look and essential on all girls’ wardrobes.
“Denim shorts go well with everything, that is why their popularity keeps on increasing, and doing them at home allows you to choose the length and details you want to add to personalize this garment according to your style”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.