Making overalls at home for your children
Overalls were worn by adults only at the beginning, and for working purposes; however, years later, parents started dressing out their children with this garment, so today we will show you how easy it is to make your own overalls at home and save money in the process.
“Overalls are great for children, as they can feel very comfortable with them and denim is such a resistant fabric that it will let them move freely and make all of their activities without having their parents worry about what will happen with their clothes”, said Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim.
Here are the steps you need to follow to make your children’s overalls:
- Measure your children’s height, take measurements of their hips and inseam and fit the appropriate pattern according to their size.
- Pick up a resistant fabric and cut it in pieces following the pattern.
- Sew the pieces of the overall together leaving space for buttons and pockets
- Make the hems of the overalls by turning the pieces inside-out, rolling, sewing and ironing them.
- Sew the pockets into the overalls and the button holes.
- Sew the buttons making sure they fit right on the buttonholes.
- Rinse wash the overalls to give them a softer feel.
If you have opted for buying the overalls instead of making them at home, make sure you try them on your children before making the purchase, ask your children if they feel comfortable with them and can move easily, there are a huge variety of overalls on sale, so you will have many options to choose the right ones.
“The overalls are mainly done with 100% cotton denim, as this will make the garments be more comfortable and the temperature will adjust depending on the weather, which is a great option for a children’s garment”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.
If you want more tips with denim, visit us at: http://fashionwithdenim.com/