5 great Mexican designers
It might be true that the greatest fashion places are found in Milan, Paris or the rest of Europe, but they are not the only ones though. Around the world, we can find a diversity of styles and tendencies, with great designers as the ones that we will present here.
“Fashion in Mexico has evolved over the last few years, mainly because of the Mexican designers that are able to mix the main tendencies around the planet”, said Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim.
Here are 5 of the greatest Mexican designers:
- Makaria Jimenez – A young Mexican designers who was born in Guadalajara, studied design in Milan, where he was able to absorb all knowledge about fashion around the world. He is compromised with absolute quality with the garments he designs, he has been a recognized helper for designers such as Gianni Lo Gudice, with a market focused in Japan.
- Eduardo Lucero – This artist began his studies as a designer in Otis Parsons School of Design in Los Angeles, California, getting titles in a design career, art, fashion photography and graphic design.
- Hector Terrones – He is a great representative of Mexican fashion, with two decades of career, he is famous for designing shoes, clothing and jewelry with the same level of professionalism. His designs are mainly done with asymmetrical designs, a reflect of his own personality. On the last months, he has transformed his designs with fresher, younger and most accessible designs.
- Louis Verdad – Known for this sophisticated designs, he is one of the newest talents in Mexico. He began his career in Los Angeles California, always inspired by opulence of women at high society and designers such as Oscar de la Renta and Yves Saint Laurent.
- Margarita Centeno Partida – She is one of the most recognized designers with more than 25 years of experience. She is mainly focused in shoes but she is also able to make designs in garments or accessories. Margarita has worked for Gucci Mexico, Au Petit Jean, Madeleine among many others.
“Mexico has a huge list of great designers with high level, working hard every day to create new proposals and famous designs”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.